Heading into the courtroom can be disruptive, costly and could have real consequences for your company’s ongoing operations and your ability to attract and retain talent. That is why you need a law firm who is going to listen to you, understand the matters you are facing and work to get you the best outcome.
At MWH, we pride ourselves on our personal approach to each client matter. We take the time to understand what you want to accomplish, treating each case as if it were our own. While other firms may allow cases to stagnate, we use our case checklist system to ensure we are:
- Communicating clearly and frequently to keep you informed of the case progression
- Pushing your litigation matters forward to resolution
- Paying attention to your guidelines for the matter
- Ensuring we are responsible with your money
That is the approach guiding our Litigation Group, including Partner Vince [Vincent] Vigil, who notes,
I analyze all details related to a matter and plan a strategy to achieve the goal of ensuring an optimal result for each client. ~ Vincent Vigil, Partner
Vince and everyone in our Litigation Group continually look for ways to improve our processes and procedures. We learn from and improve with every case we handle, and share that knowledge among the group during our group’s roundtable discussions.
As a result, our clients rate their experience with MWH extremely highly. They appreciate the approach and diversity of both team makeup and experience we bring to their legal matters. By reflecting the communities in which you operate as well as the makeup of your employee base, MWH brings fresh and novel perspectives to resolve your litigation matters involving:
- Auto accidents
- Business disputes
- Contract dispute
- Financial services
- Fire claims
- Intellectual property
- Premises liability
- Product liability
Representative litigation experience includes:
- Obtained a defense jury verdict in litigation involving a plaintiff who suffered quadriplegic injuries.
- Represented Fortune 100® financial institutions in various consumer class actions in state and federal courts brought under consumer fraud loan statutes relating to mortgage assignments, transfers, and state recording taxes.
- Obtained an order granting a motion to dismiss with prejudice which also denied plaintiff leave to re-plead in a highly contentious breach of contract action where plaintiff initially made a multi-million dollar demand for settlement. The decision of the lower court was upheld on appeal.
- Successfully negotiated payment of $115.00 through innovative defense strategies, including offer of judgment, when original demand was $500,000.
- Represented Fortune 500® financial institution and its subsidiaries in litigation brought under the Fair Credit Reporting Act. Issues involved consumer mortgages, credit cards, and student loans regulated under various federal and state debt collection statutes.
- Obtained dismissal with prejudice of plaintiff’s negligence action based on motion for failure to timely serve.
Midwestern values and our approach to client service
The MWH approach to your legal needs is grounded in the Midwestern values of our client service principles:
- Treat others as you want to be treated
- Motivate yourself and others to exceed expectations
- Communicate frequently, with honesty and candor
- Deliver on your promises
- Focus on adding value
- Provide an honest day’s work for a fair fee
Learn more about MWH, our professionals, and our experience on our practice areas page.