MWH Law Group navigates the complex landscape of healthcare regulations, compliance, and litigation with confident, knowledgeable precision. We are committed to providing unparalleled legal support to hospitals and healthcare organizations, physicians and other healthcare professionals, and stakeholders. With a keen understanding of the ever-evolving medical industry and a determination to stay atop the latest news and best practices, we stand as trusted advisors, guiding our clients through the legal intricacies that define the healthcare sector. From hospitals and private practices to pharmaceutical companies and physician groups, MWH strives to safeguard you and your healthcare practice.
Scope of Services
- Regulatory Compliance
- Medical Malpractice Litigation
- Medical negligence
- Medical administration
- Surgical errors
- Failure to diagnose
- Birth injuries
- Multi-Provider Cases
- Risk Management and Compliance
- Contract Disputes
- Fraud and Abuse Claims
- Licensing and Credentialing
- Employment Matters
Collectively, the MWH healthcare defense team has successfully handled numerous medical negligence and malpractice cases for hospitals, medical clinics, correctional facilities, student health facilities, and mental health facilities. Our attorneys have a strong record of obtaining favorable defense verdicts in cases ranging from professional negligence and personal injury to equipment failure and administrative failure.
MWH attorneys have a deep understanding of the importance of safeguarding the rights and reputations of healthcare professionals and organizations against the backdrop of medical malpractice claims. We have decades of combined experience in working closely with medical professionals, obtaining knowledge, both broad-based and specific, about disease processes, medical procedures, hospital practices, and protocols.
Attorneys’ Representative Matters
- Handled a range of cases involving medical administration errors, brain surgery complications, nursing errors, birth injuries, and diagnostic errors for a major Midwest medical system.
- Addressed several medical negligence cases in correctional facilities, often involving hybrid § 1983 claims.
- Addressed and provided counsel for healthcare facility policy issues such as sanitation and outbreaks of hospital viruses.
- Handled a complex case involving multiple providers and the death of a pregnant woman and her newborn. Mediated two sessions with all parties involved, leading to a settlement.
- Successfully tried two medical negligence cases with defense verdicts, one involving claims against a research program and the other involving a birth injury incurred from a delay in delivery.
- Performed privacy and HIPAA due diligence on an $800 million acquisition.
- Obtained a defense verdict in a high-stakes, high-profile case of repressed memories.
- Served as Certified Compliance and Ethics Professionals to assist hospitals and medical offices perform risk analysis, determine root causes of negative outcomes, and offer ways to remediate protocol failures when they occur.
- Obtained a defense jury verdict in litigation involving a plaintiff who suffered quadriplegic injuries.
- Represented one of the nation’s largest not-for-profit, integrated health systems, including drafting and negotiating a wide variety of contracts, including those in connection with procurement, on and off-site services agreements, and equipment rentals.
- Advised a Fortune 100® retailer through implementation of a HIPAA compliance program.
- Handled the M&A transactions for a technology Fortune 100® technology company/retailer that is also in the process of acquiring a health tech company.