Our Construction Litigation team has extensive experience in defending clients against construction claims arising from tort or contract disputes, both in and outside the courtroom. We have a deep understanding of the construction industry and the unique challenges associated with design and construction defect claims. Our clientele includes architects, engineers, contractors, lessees, and property owners.
We have a reputation for vigorous legal advocacy and exceptional negotiation skills. Our commitment lies in delivering prompt and early liability assessments and offering key insights about document preservation to put our clients in the best possible position to defend against spoliation claims.
Scope of Services
MWH Law Group attorneys handle construction litigation in Illinois and Wisconsin. Our seasoned litigators routinely handle:
- Commercial and Residential Breach of Contract Disputes
- Defective Workmanship Claims
- Design and Construction Defect Claims
- Personal Injury at Construction Sites
- Professional Liability Claims
- Warranty Issues
Recent Representative Matters
- Obtained summary judgment for an electrical contractor in a multi-party construction litigation action where the plaintiff alleged the general contractor and several electric companies working on-site were negligent in causing serious injuries sustained by the plaintiff. Through a thorough investigation, MWH was able to demonstrate that a scrap piece of conduit, which the plaintiff allegedly slipped on, had been shaped into a makeshift spinning tool by a tradesperson responsible for hanging ceiling wire and tiles.
- Obtained a settlement at mediation that was substantially less than settlement authority in connection with a wrongful death claim resulting from a wall collapse that caused crush injuries to plaintiff’s decedent.
- Obtained a favorable arbitration award in a premises liability claim on behalf of a major oil company for an amount less than the low amount in a high-low agreement between the parties before arbitration.
- Represented architects, engineers, and general contractors in construction litigation, most recently regarding defective roof design cases in Milwaukee and Fond du Lac Counties, Wisconsin.
- Obtained settlements at mediation in litigation involving multiple plaintiffs and defendants for substantially less than settlement authority in connection with wrongful death and injury claims where parking lot design and construction defects were alleged.
- Represented a major utility company and provided legal advice and counsel about a massive natural gas facility/pipeline installation, including assisting with review and preparation of contract documents.
- Provided advice and counsel to private and public entities about major development/construction projects, including property acquisition, condemnation, environmental, drafting and negotiating construction contracts, MBE/WBE Initiatives, zoning, special use permits, and other governmental approvals, including for a major convention center and a baseball stadium with a retractable roof.
- Negotiated and drafted professional services agreements related to construction projects, including for design, site preparation, engineering and architectural services, project management, and related activities and services.
- Negotiated survey contracts and conducted due diligence in relation to utility construction projects affecting multiple landowners.